Hustle culture isn’t working for anyone, and the great news is you can opt out of it and instead, create a life that is fulfilling while also doing meaningful work. This is exactly what this week’s guest did and what inspired her to write her new book She Builds: The Anti-Hustle Guide to Grow Your Business and Nourish Your Life.
Jadah Sellner wanted to start her own business but realized there was no real proof out there of the possibility of having a successful business while integrating family life and caring responsibilities. So she decided to go out there and create it, without the hustle.
Anti-hustle doesn’t mean you’re not going to work at all or exert some energy and focus, it’s about working in a way that feels good for you. Jadah decided to stop looking outwards at what other people were doing and start looking inwards to give herself permission to be more of herself. Now, she is a bestselling author, business coach, international keynote speaker, TEDx presenter, poet, and podcast host.
Where are you just doing something because it’s how it’s always been, or it’s how other people say it should be done, even though it doesn’t feel good to you? I invite you to come to this episode with curiosity and see what nuggets of wisdom you can take away and apply to your own life.
Even if you are not an entrepreneur, there is so much value for you to take from this episode. Jadah shares how business is a vehicle for her to express her creativity, and how she learned to connect to her needs and opt out of hustle culture once and for all. Discover how Jadah learned to realize when something wasn’t working for her, and how to create a business you love without ignoring the values you have and what really matters to you.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why Jadah wrote the book and why she was willing to go through the challenge of writing it.
- How loving your work so much can also be something that burns you out if you don’t take care of yourself properly.
- Some of the objections and fears we face as entrepreneurs.
- How Jadah realized that hustle was a lie and opted out of it.
- Some of the ways Jadah does business differently.
- How to grow and scale a business in a way that doesn’t simply follow what everyone else is doing.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Jadah Sellner: Website | Podcast | Instagram
- She Builds: The Anti-Hustle Guide to Grow Your Business and Nourish Your Life by Jadah Sellner
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- World Domination Summit