Connection is something we all need as humans. It may look different for each of us and our capacities for connection can vary, but it’s still something we hunger for. I’ve talked about showing up for yourself before on the podcast, and today I’m sharing how you can show up for others.
We often tell ourselves stories about why we can’t reach out to someone we care about. We don’t want to impose on their lives or bother them. We think they won’t notice if we don’t show up or that they already have all the people they need.
Friends, these stories you’re telling yourself aren’t true. Until you find the courage and bravery to reach out, you will be missing out on deep connections that you and the other person might need. Self-defeating thoughts get in the way of real connection.
During COVID, connection might look a little different. But, that cannot stop you from showing up for those you care about. The pandemic hasn’t stopped people from needing support, kindness, to laugh, or to chat with. And there are so many ways you can show up for others without feeling unsafe.
Today, I’m inviting you to consider the people who matter most to you and how you can show up for them. Your self-defeating thoughts are preventing you from reaching out and the people you love from receiving your love. I’m sharing how I’ve been showing up for others, how it felt when the people I care about didn’t show up for me, and how you can make real connections despite the pandemic. We want to show up for those that matter to us and we want those that matter to us to show up. It takes bravery and courage to show up, but doing so is so rewarding.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How connection looks different for each of us.
- What self-defeating thoughts are and how they prevent connection.
- Some of the most important places to show up.
- The different ways you can show up during COVID.
- Why being clear about your capacity for showing up is kind.
- How to stop getting in your own way.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Apply for my Be the Leader of Your Life group coaching program!
- The Michelle Obama Podcast
- Empathy Cards from Emily McDowell
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.