I’ve never liked the idea that so many of us look at our life and think, “Well, this is as good as it gets.” I used to be one of those people. And now that I’m not, the idea of settling for a life that’s just “good enough” is scary.
So often we settle for other people’s opinions about who we should be and what we should do, instead of doing the hard work of figuring it out for ourselves. When we do this over an extended time, we become more disconnected from ourselves, lose faith in our ability to make decisions, and lose touch with our dreams.
You don’t have to settle. You just need to get clear on what you really want – and then you have to pursue it.
You get to decide what success looks like in your life. That may mean you don’t want the big promotion at work, because it would mean less time with your family. Maybe it means you quit a high-paying job you hate so you can pursue something that makes you feel alive.
To stop settling for “as good as it gets,” you have to notice the gap between what you have and what you want. And you have to take small, courageous steps to close that gap and make your dream a reality.
Listen in to this episode as I talk about how I stopped settling for “good enough” and have helped clients do the same. I’ll share some tips for being a compassionate observer of your desires and I’ll give you some suggestions for having courageous conversations to close the gaps in your life.
Do you want to take what you’ve learned from this episode to the next level? Check out my ENOUGH coaching program. Together, we combine the concepts and lessons from this show with coaching to go way beyond intellectual learning. You’ll learn to silence critical internal voices that tell you you’re not enough, integrate self-love into your everyday life, and build resilience against shame and other difficult experiences. The next group begins in April 2019 – join me and create your most badass self!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why you have to be careful about collecting people + doing things that allow your life to just be “good enough”
- How settling for other people’s opinions about me + my life eroded my relationship with myself
- Why it’s so important to get clarity on what success looks like for you, rather than what it looks like for society
- How to compassionately observe the spaces in your life where something is missing and find out how to fill them
- Why it’s important not to define yourself by the inevitable failures you’ll experience as you work to create a life you love – but to define yourself by your ability to keep going
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Ready to join the ENOUGH program? Join the waitlist for the April 2019 ENOUGH program.
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
- RBG (2018)
- As Good As It Gets (1997)
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community