When I think about capacity, I like to think about mugs of coffee or my Hydro Flask. A coffee cup might be 12 or 16 ounces, while my Hydro Flask is 40. I like to fill those things up in the morning, so I have them easily accessible to me throughout the day.
Some of us know exactly how much self-care we need, and we practice it. But others may have no self-care practice or have an espresso size cup dedicated to self-care. We may not realize the importance of it, or may not intentionally make time for it.
For those of us who don’t have a self-care practice, this isn’t about beating ourselves up. It’s about meeting yourself where you are and developing one to give yourself what you deserve in your life. You are a priority, and it’s time to start treating yourself like one.
I invite you to ask yourself: what is your self-care capacity? What do you need to do to take care of yourself so that you can take care of others? There is no right or wrong way for self-care, but when you give yourself permission to look after yourself in whatever way works for you, wonderful things can happen.
Join me this week as I share some ways to cultivate your self-care capacity and the importance of integrating self-care into your routines or systems. The path to self-care is through observation, compassion, and learning, so I’m showing you how to create a self-care system that works for you and how to prioritize your self-care in your life.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The biggest motivator for change.
- What gets in the way of your self-care capacity.
- Some examples of thoughts that can help you support your self-care capacity.
- The importance of prioritizing your self-care.
- How to make decisions ahead of time and where to make them from.
- Why routines and systems are so beneficial.
- Some examples of what it looks like to make decisions ahead of time.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.