We’ve reached the final celebration for 15 years of the podcast, and who better to bring back than Pamela Slim. Pamela was on the show several times back in the early days, and she’s coming back to talk about doing purposeful work and building sustainable, trustworthy relationships.
Pamela Slim is a community builder, consultant, business coach, and author of several books including soon-to-be released The Widest Net. In 2016 she launched the Main Street Learning Lab in Mesa, Arizona, a grassroots, community-based think tank for small business economic acceleration where she does amazing work creating community and relationships.
As humans in this world we are living in, we deeply long for connection. We all want real connections, not transactional ones. We all want places of belonging and we all want to make a difference. Whatever you do, your work matters. You can be an impact person and create rich connections.
I invite you to consider, how is your body of work contributing something specific and helpful to the world? At different stages of our life, we can be drawn to doing different types of work. We can focus on our unique contribution and helpful ways that we show up to be the impact person to move a process or mission forward.
Tune in for the final celebration this week as we discuss the concept of connection and sustainable relationships and show you how to take these insights and apply them to your own life. The work it takes to be building relationships takes time, experience, and a hands-off approach, and we discuss how to get out of the transactional and start building impactful relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- An example of appropriate and inappropriate boundaries.
- Some real-life examples of Pam’s work over the last 25 years.
- How to own your work and show up for yourself.
- The key to building sustainable and trustworthy relationships.
- Pam’s top three values in life.
- What it means to do purposeful work.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Pamela Slim: Website | The Widest Net | The Main Street Learning Lab | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Body of Work: Finding the Thread That Ties Your Story Together by Pamela Slim
- Escape from Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur by Pamela Slim
- The Long Game: How to Be a Long-Term Thinker in a Short-Term World by Dorie Clark