We are all driven by this idea that, if we achieve our goals, we will finally have it all and be safe and complete. However, when we reach these goals, we are often left feeling like we didn’t achieve anything at all.
Behind every goal, there is an unspoken promise we make that it will somehow make everything perfect, but it’s often a false story that lets us down.
On today’s show, we’re taking a harder look at these promises, figuring out where they come from and what we think they’ll bring us.
We make promises to ourselves that accomplishments in parenting, work, and relationships will make us complete and safe, but they often lead to us wanting more security.
Lean in and work with me as we unravel these promises and find new ways to allow the world to be messy.
I have a private coaching spot opening in October 2019. Click here to learn more and apply.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What stories are embedded within the goals we set for ourselves
- How to unveil the promises that are underlying our goals and why they are not always possible to honor
- The different areas of our lives where unfulfilled internal promises show up
- How we can move away from perfectionism and allow things to be messy
- Ways we can find safety in our lives within ourselves, not in the external fantasies
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community
- Podcast: Story of Swimming and Cancer