How often do you tell yourself you can’t have something in your future because you have never had it before in your life?
Whatever you want in life, whether it is to manage your money more effectively or have a better relationship with loved ones, we are always becoming more of who we are. We constantly develop and evolve our skills and experiences to go after what we want.
But sometimes on this journey, we become triggered by things from our past. We think that because something we want hasn’t been part of our past, it can’t be part of our future. We believe it can’t be different. But your past doesn’t have to determine your future, you can learn new things.
My invitation for you this week is to ask yourself: what is holding you back from creating the future you desire? Why not overcome the obstacles in your life so you can live the life you desire instead of allowing your past to create your future?
In this episode, I’m showing you why your past doesn’t have to create your future and the problem with hanging onto the story that it does. I’m showing you how to tune in to your own agency and desires to establish what you really need, why everything is learnable, and the key to creating what you desire in life.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How learning how to feel my feelings has been a beautiful gift.
- A great question to ask yourself when something wasn’t part of what you learned growing up.
- How to get more access to yourself as well as others.
- The importance of owning your story and realizing everything is learnable.
- How to allow yourself and accept yourself for your capacity and what your needs are.
- Why we are all hardwired for belonging and connection.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown
- Permission to Feel: Unlocking the Power of Emotions to Help Our Kids, Ourselves, and Our Society Thrive by Marc Brackett Ph.D.
- As Good as it Gets – movie