The new world of work is unpredictable. How do you put together your eclectic background with your values and do work you enjoy?
Pamela Slim helps people find success and happiness in the new world of work. She too has had a diverse work history as a martial arts director + teacher, a former corporate manager, entrepreneur, and acclaimed author of Escape from Cubicle Nation.
Her blog, by the same name, is one of the top career and marketing blogs in the world. She is an expert in career guidance and brand reinvention. Her latest book is Body of Work: Finding the Thread That Ties Your Story Together. In this interview, which originally aired in 2013, Pam joined me to talk about her story and how she has created her own incredible body of work.
“The quality of your life is directly related to the quality of your stories. Especially those you tell yourself,” writes Pam in her book.
Listen to this episode to learn about Pam’s story, my story, how to view life as a classroom, how to integrate and balance life and family, and more.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Pamela Slim’s own body of work – and how you put it together for your work
- Why we have a need for creation and how to fulfill it
- How to think about life as a classroom
- How to balance and integrate work and family
- How to connect, build relationships, and build communities
- What skills Pam has learned in this new world of work
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Pam’s Book: Body of Work
- Pam’s website
- Forbes article Pam mentioned about brokering in your networks
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.