I want to talk about shame on today’s episode, because this is something that we all deal with. I know when you’re caught in a shame spiral, it feels so isolating. But I promise that every single one of us deals with shame. Shame has a grip on many of our lives + drives so many of our actions.
The reason shame is so devastating is that it jeopardizes our place of love and belonging. We employ a variety of tactics to numb our shame: we try to fit in. We approval whore. We gladiate. We do everything we can to run away from shame and keep up the appearance that everything is fine.
Shame doesn’t have to control us. When we understand shame and stop running away from it, we can empower our lives.
We all want to feel worthy. But to get to worthiness, we have to pass through shame. That takes courage and vulnerability. We have to be brave to live on this earth!
Courage is the one thing that will allow us to truly combat shame + embrace vulnerability.
In this week’s podcast episode we’re diving deep into shame and why courage is the only real antidote for it. We’ll talk about why it’s important to remember that we all deal with shame and discuss some of the ways we confront it. We will also chat about why things outside ourselves – like money, jobs, and accolades – can never banish shame from inside of us. And finally, we’ll dive into courage and why it’s the only true way to move through shame and come out on the other side into a life we love.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why we have to understand shame if we want to lessen its hold on our lives
- How to remember that you are not the only one that struggles with shame
- Some of the ways we cope with shame and why these strategies never really eliminate it
- Why it’s important to remember that external appearances are often hiding a lot of pain + shame
- Why courage is the number one value we need to tap into to lessen shame and increase our capacity for vulnerability + connection
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Brené Brown
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community