Have you ever offered a compliment only to have it shrugged off or downplayed? Or perhaps you’ve found it challenging to truly accept a compliment yourself?
Both giving and receiving compliments can leave us feeling vulnerable. This week, we discuss the challenges of connecting and the obstacles that keep up from receiving.
We’ll explore the factors that may prevent us from fully embracing a compliment, whether it’s the discomfort of feeling “too much” or something else altogether.
My friend, I encourage you to genuinely feel the gift of a compliment, and when you find yourself giving thanks, do so with sincerity and embodiment.
Discover the power of owning your story and loving yourself in all ways. Learn how cultivating compassion for yourself and those around you can pave the way for receiving more.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why clear is kind.
- What a shame trigger is.
- How shame can keep us from receiving.
- When to question a compliment.
- How to be a compassionate observer.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Apply for coaching with me! I have 1-on-1 and group coaching opportunities this fall
- Brené Brown