All of our journeys are marked with struggles. We see limitations for ourselves and hear little voices that say things like “I am not qualified, I am a fraud.”
Instead of letting these voices and limitations stop us, we can embrace the struggle and move forward.
Listen in to hear the story of how a girl from Chico, CA and a difficult childhood built an incredible career and life for herself.
Nancy Duarte is a survivor of a traumatic childhood who has shown great resilience and has built a large Silicon Valley design firm, Duarte Inc.
She joined me in 2014 to talk about how she created what was possible for her despite a difficult beginning and evidence that could have stopped her.
We also discuss the mindset that can give you the courage to move forward, embrace the struggle, and believe in yourself.
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Share what you’ve learned from the show in iTunes.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER…
- Nancy’s story and how being successful doesn’t mean that someone has always had it all
- How to embrace struggle instead of seeing limitations
- How to make time for things that are important to you
- How to deal with the voice in your head that says “I am not capable. I am not qualified.”
- How Nancy went from high school dropout to CEO in small steps
- The mindset that can give you the courage to believe in yourself