We are always hustling for other people’s opinions, trying our hardest to make them like us so we can be validated, instead of being our authentic self. We focus our mental energies outward, neglecting the energy needed inward.
When you focus on gaining the approval of other people, you disempower yourself and your own opinions of yourself.
On today’s show, I’m talking about why you need to take back your own validation and start to focus on liking yourself before making others like a version of you that isn’t true.
If you spend all your time trying to get people to like you, you aren’t going to like yourself nearly enough, which doesn’t serve you in the long run.
Join me in learning how you can choose what you like about yourself and how you can be more authentic and prouder of who you are.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why we hustle for the approval of those around us
- How to break down the façade and learn how to connect with people authentically
- What you need to do to take back the power of validation
- How you can connect with new people without compromising on what you want
- How you can take criticism and integrate it without taking offense and finding the positives in their critiques
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- My ENOUGH coaching group starts in February!
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community
- Podcast: How to stop approval whoring