“Who hates Koren?” Those three words used to cause me so much pain and suffering. When I was in fifth grade, I received a note after library class with those three words listed at the top of the paper, along with signatures of my classmates.
At this point, I have forgotten who gave me that note but the feeling of exclusion is a shame trigger for me. When that story comes to the surface, it sticks around in my mind and takes up valuable brain juice. I call it “mind crack.”
In this episode from 2015, guest co-host Anna Vocino and I talk about our mindsets and the mind crack that gets in our way. We open our minds to you, so that you can learn exactly how to move through the mind crack to create more of what you really want.
Listen in to hear us talk about some specific thoughts that you can try out for yourself. Think about this like trying on a new outfit or a new pair of shoes. Experiment with these new thoughts and see how they change your mindset.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How thoughts become things
- How to clean out the mind clutter or mind crack
- The stories that get in your way
- How to reframe your thoughts
- How to move through your triggers
- Examples of different feeling states
- How to practice more self compassion
- Thoughts that help Anna and myself move through the “learning opportunities”
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Anna’s website
- Vinnie The Angriest Trainer
- Interview with Carol Dweck about Mindset
- Interview with Brené Brown on Vulnerability + Shame
- Interview with Todd Kashdon
- Get my new DIY workshop: Becoming ENOUGH
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.