Are you wanting to create change in your life? Are you frustrated that the change is not sticking? You might be missing a step. A simple mindset shift can help you create lasting change.
Mike Robbins is the author of three books, including Nothing Changes Until You Do and Focus on the Good Stuff. He’s a well-known motivational keynote speaker and an expert in emotional intelligence.
In this episode, which originally aired in 2014, Mike and I talk about how to get out of your own way so that you can create lasting change in your life.
One of the big questions we answer in this episode is: do you need to change your circumstances or do you need to change yourself? You might be surprised to learn that compassion is one of the keys for creating lasting change.
Listen to this episode to learn more about how to change yourself, what’s stopping you from doing it, and why you should be upholding high standards for compassion.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The truth about creating lasting change
- Do you need to change your circumstances or yourself?
- Where self-compassion fits in
- Mike’s vulnerability and sharing his own work publicly
- How to change yourself
- How do you get in your own way?
- Decisions rooted in fear
- Decisions rooted in compassion
- Why you should be upholding high standards for compassion
- Two takeaways for you to practice to create lasting change
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Mike’s book Nothing Changes Until You Do
- Mike’s website
- Dan Millman Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.