As part of my work, I get to really dig deep into the nitty-gritty of human behavior, and one area that is a constant obstacle in my clients’ lives is boundaries.
Boundaries allow us to coexist and connect with each other versus dominate, power over, and take each other down. And when you understand the obstacles you have around them, you can give yourself permission to set them.
It’s easy to say you need boundaries, but the challenge comes in when you actually have to apply them. We need to communicate our needs, and setting boundaries is a practice; it’s ongoing, and it will be forever.
There will always be obstacles when it comes to setting boundaries, and you will make mistakes, but you get to choose how you bounce back and how to learn from them. So ask yourself, what beliefs do you have tied to boundaries? What is getting in the way of you setting them, and how can you learn to set them without being mean to yourself?
In this episode, find out why we need boundaries in our lives and why you are not being mean by having them, even if they inconvenience someone else. I’m helping you uncover the beliefs you have tied up in the boundaries and sharing some examples of beliefs that prevent people from setting the boundaries they want to set in their lives.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why not everyone in your life will like your boundaries, and that’s okay.
- One of my favorite questions to ask my clients around boundaries.
- Some of the obstacles in our belief system that are tied up with boundaries.
- How our cultural programming affects us in communicating our needs.
- Why you can become more practiced at setting boundaries over time.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.