I talk a lot about managing your own emotions on this podcast. But now that so many of us are working from home, the topic of managing others’ emotions has come up. You may be seeing your spouse more than you’re used to or be trying to get work done while your kids want your attention.
How do the emotions of those around you affect you? How does the energy and emotions on social media affect you?
Many of us will react to others’ emotions by hiding from them, trying to control them, or catching them like a hot potato. I don’t want you to do any of these things. Instead, let’s learn how to ground ourselves so we can move through their emotions and manage our own.
When we feel grounded, we can hold space for others’ emotions and work through them. This isn’t about controlling them or changing them.
In this week’s episode, we’re talking about being influenced by the energies of those around us. Although it’s easy to pick up what they’re feeling, you don’t have to. We’ll chat about the power of grounding ourselves and approaching others with compassion. I’ll give you some methods for working through emotions and holding space for others to feel theirs.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How to assess your personal capacity and figure out what you need right now
- How to handle being around others who are angry, anxious, sad, and upset
- That you can’t control their emotions, but you can hold space and work through them
- How to walk into a room and not absorb the emotions of others
- The importance of compassion when helping others work through emotions
- Different ways to check-in and ground yourself
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community
- My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist’s Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor, Ph.D.