Limiting beliefs is such an important, but simple concept. I’ve spoken about this within other contexts before, but we can always take things to a deeper level.
Limiting beliefs are buried so deep down within us, you may not even be aware of them at all.
I like to break them down as short sentences that we tell ourselves about what we believe is possible for our lives, and we can always back these up with what we consider to be “facts” from the world around us.
When you buy into your limiting beliefs, they run your life. We have to go deep to identify our limiting beliefs and look for evidence that the opposite is true. It’s going to be messy to uncover some of this, but you have to passionately observe what’s going on in order to free yourself from the prison walls these beliefs put up around us.
Listen in on the podcast this week as I discuss some of the self-limiting beliefs that I hear from clients, and how to overcome them. These beliefs that we hold onto can create a lot of shame. Whether it’s around money, relationships, work, or any aspect of life, this episode is going to help you identify what’s holding you back and give you the insight you need to really probe these thoughts, without judgment. I’m all about the place where inspiration and possibility meet, and limiting beliefs are never welcome.
Do you want to take what you’ve learned from this episode to the next level? Check out my ENOUGH coaching program. Together, we combine the concepts and lessons from this show with coaching to go way beyond intellectual learning. You’ll learn to silence critical internal voices that tell you you’re not enough, integrate self-love into your everyday life, and build resilience against shame and other difficult experiences. The next group begins in April 2019 – join me and create your most badass self!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What limiting beliefs are
- Why controlling limiting beliefs matters
- Where our limiting beliefs come from
- What you can do, step by step, about your limiting beliefs
- Why we fall for the stories we tell ourselves about our limits
- How shame from limiting beliefs affects us deeply in the long-term
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Ready to join the ENOUGH program? Join the waitlist for the April 2019 ENOUGH program.
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Davis Aquamonsters
- Brené Brown
- Michele Woodward
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community