I want to talk about a particular pet peeve of mine this week: the idea of life balance.
For a long time, I totally bought into the idea that we could achieve life balance. A lot of my clients do, too – the idea of life balance is like catnip for high-achievers.
That’s because achieving “life balance” is just another way that we’re trying to be perfect.
When we try to have a balanced life, we’re chasing a fleeting feeling. It’s like a teeter totter – you’re only every balanced for a split second before things change again! So if we’re chasing after that brief feeling, we’re setting ourselves up for failure, because most of the time we’re going to be feeling out of balance.
We’re better off creating a flow state in our lives. We can embrace the evolution, growth, and discomfort that this flow state has to offer, and let go of “balance” and perfection.
In today’s episode I’m diving deep into why the idea of life balance is such a pet peeve of mine. I’ll tell you why this is just another way for us to get caught up in perfectionism and shame. We’ll also talk about why discomfort and growth is essential if we want to have resilience in the face of the difficult things life will throw at us. I’m inviting you to escape the trap of life balance and instead go after your wildest dreams. Tell me how it goes!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why I think struggling to achieve life balance is just another form of perfectionism
- The lie that life balance tells us about being perfect and stress-free
- Why we have to go through growth and discomfort if we want to build resilience
- How we can hide behind life balance to avoid going after our biggest dreams
- Why greatness doesn’t come from balance
- How to ditch life balance and create a life aligned with your real priorities
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Dare to Lead
- Brené Brown
- Mel Robbins
- My ENOUGH coaching group starts in February!
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community