Hello + welcome to a new conversation. I have a new guest co-host Jen Louden. She helped start the self-care movement with her first book, The Woman’s Comfort Book. She’s written five more books, including The Woman’s Retreat Book and The Life Organizer that have inspired more than a million women in 9 languages. Many of you may have seen Jen when she sat on Oprah’s couch talking about the power of retreats.
Today we will talk about how we stay awake and take action on what hurts the world while taking care of ourselves.
“How do we have the boundaries + self care to live our values?”
In this conversation we discuss:
- Different ways to help the hurt
- Sexy is misleading + stops people from serving
- Discount our gifts
- “Give it all + be martyr” or “it’s all about me”
- Know your WHY you do your work
- Compassion fatigue
Mentioned in this Podcast
- Jen’s books A Year of Daily Joy, The Life Organizer,
- Brigid Schulte’s NYT’s article
- Interview with Brigid Schulte
- The Green Boat by Mary Pipher
- This Changes Everything by Naomi Klein
- Interview with Simon Sinek and discovering your WHY
- You can connect with Jen Louden here.
- If you have questions for our show conversations, Email them to me.
I appreciate the itunes reviews. Thank you!
When you leave an honest review for How She Really Does It on Itunes it helps the show. Thank you for your time and courage to leave a review on itunes.
Thanks for listening to How She Really Does It, the place where inspiration + possibility meet. I so appreciate your emails about the show + it’s impact on your life. I look forward to serving you with this show!
Thanks for Listening!