It takes a lot to be a leader, and a lot of the work is courageous, difficult work. So why do so many people have the notion that leadership is going soft?
Businesses are changing and as younger generations enter and move through the workplace, their needs and desires are changing too. It is clear that there is a disconnection between leaders and their teams, and people are reluctant to change.
There is a conversation right now between employees and leaders about whose communication style is “right.” Leaders don’t want to change the way they lead, but employees crave more connection and awareness.
This week, Laura Boyd joins me and we dive into the question: is leadership going soft? In our work with leaders, we get to the heart of the matter and help people develop, but we invite you to contemplate where you stand on the topic.
Tune in this week and hear the importance of giving and taking in business and why we believe there’s nothing soft about leadership. We discuss the difference between soft and hard skills and why being a leader requires both of these skill sets to be successful.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How the younger generations are positively impacting the workforce.
- Why setting boundaries is so important for leaders.
- The skills required to be an effective leader.
- Why emotional and mental health are so important.
- The reason people are so reluctant to change.
- Who is responsible for promoting engagement and connectivity in the workplace.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.