Do you know your why? What is it that keeps you striving? This week we look at intrinsic and extrinsic motivation through the lens of my AquaMonsters swim team.
My Aquamonsters go from being ribbon-motivated to finding benefit in the process of swimming. Learn why, and what types of motivation my swimmers are tapping into.
In this episode, I explore the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, how these motivations develop over time, and why it matters.
My friend, I invite you to take inventory: identify your intrinsic and extrinsic motivations and observe how long these motivations lasted.
Discover how to own your current working tendencies and some methods for noticing new ways of working with motivation. Learn how to play the long game and start developing intrinsic motivations that keep you doing your deep work for longer.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What intrinsic and extrinsic motivation are.
- How to identify the types of motivation you are utilizing.
- How to play the long game.
- How to own your story, and identify your desires.
- Which motivation style is a dopamine hit.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Apply for coaching with me! I have 1-on-1 and group coaching opportunities this fall
- Davis Aquamonsters
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron