Throughout my years of coaching, the holidays have always been a topic that is brought to sessions. My clients are always dealing with things they don’t want to be dealing with around this time of year.
Maybe it’s the endless purchasing and giving of gifts. Maybe it’s the agony of having to go back to your family of origin. Maybe it’s the family traditions that you have just always done but never really thought about. We have been culturally programmed to approach the holidays in a certain way, but this doesn’t always suit us.
Whatever your reason for feeling obligated, the holidays can be a stressful time for many, and we don’t take the time to pause and consider how we really want the holidays to be. It’s time that we started approaching the holidays without the programming, obligations, and expectations.
I invite you to consider what you want from this time of year. Not your kids, not your family, not your spouse; you. What would the holidays look like for you if you let go of who you are supposed to be and allowed yourself to be who you really are?
Join me this week as I’m encouraging you to think about what you really want the holidays to be like and reminding you that you have the power and agency to make it happen. Hear some examples of ways my clients are prioritizing what they want around the holidays and some tips to help you do the same.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How to eliminate the shoulds around the holidays and why this is so important.
- What I want from this holiday season.
- How to use this holiday season to see what works for you and what doesn’t.
- Why you get to decide what you want from this time of year.
- How to unpack the cultural programming you have received around the holidays.
- How to start enjoying the holidays exactly how you want them.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Formula 1: Drive to Survive
- Cobra Kai
- 16 TV Shows for Couples (Who Can’t Agree On What To Watch!)– article
- Send me a Christmas card!