Hiro Boga is a business strategist, teacher, adviser, and mentor. In this episode, which originally aired in 2017, Hiro Boga and I talk about owning your value and valuing what you bring to the table. Hiro and I have different viewpoints on value, which made for a fascinating conversation as we unpacked the topics.
One viewpoint shared in the episode is that the notion of value is subjective and is an evaluation or judgement. Is value determined by the society and culture around us? Does one need to be perceived by others as valuable to be worthy?
“Your being + knowing your vision comes from your soul,” says Hiro.
Another way we looked at value in this episode is in terms of worthiness. We can all be worthy whether or not we meet a cultural standard of value. To understand this further, we talk about the concepts of intrinsic value and extrinsic value.
Tune in to this episode to learn about value, how everything you create transforms you, and how to hold the vision of who you are becoming. Listen as Hiro and I unpack our different perceptions of the word value and reconcile those perceptions. There’s an important element of common humanity in this conversation that will help you recognize that you are not alone.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- My and Hiro’s different perceptions of value
- The difference between intrinsic value vs. extrinsic value
- How everything that you create transforms you
- Ice cream + approval whoring
- How to hold the vision of who we are becoming
- Thoughts on being a slow learner
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Hiro’s website
- Previous shows with Hiro
- A Sovereignty Story by Hiro Boga
- Discover How To Rule Your World From the Inside Out with Hiro Boga
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.