This summer, I’m rebroadcasting some of my favorite How She Really Does It episodes from earlier years of my show in a 12-week series called Wisdom Wednesdays. I’m bringing these twelve shows back to the surface for you so that they can bring a little bit of wisdom into your life each week (without you having to dig through 600+ episodes).
Oprah calls today’s guest the “Marriage Whisperer.” Harville Hendrix is the author of the New York Times bestselling book Getting the Love You Want. It’s one of my favorite and most valued books of all time.
Harville Hendrix and his wife Helen LaKelly Hunt created Imago Relationship Therapy, a form of marriage therapy that takes a relationship approach rather than individual approach to problem solving in a marriage.
However, even the “Marriage Whisperer” can have marital problems. After years of marriage Harville and his wife Helen found themselves in the same situation as their clients – their relationship was in trouble and on the verge of divorce.
Using the ideas, and techniques they used with their clients on themselves, they moved from conflict to connection and forged a stronger, more intimate relationship.
We discuss how conflict and incompatibility can actually strengthen a marriage.
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Share what you’ve learned from the show in iTunes.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Imago therapy – what is it?
- How can conflict help a marriage
- Curiosity vs judgement
- Connection is safe
- Why Dr. Hendrix shared his marriage struggles
- Stages of marriage ~ “Romantic Love – Power Struggle – Real Love”
- Fixing each other versus “healing the space between two people.”
- Two takeaways for listeners wanting to improve their marriage
RESOURCES FOR YOU