Harriet Lerner, Ph.D is our nation’s most loved and respected relationship experts. An author, speaker, psychologist, Harriet Lerner is best known for her work on the psychology of women, marriage and family relationships.
She is the author of eleven books including the New York Times bestseller The Dance of Anger which has sold 3 million copies and translated into 35 foreign editions.
Harriet returns to talk more about anger and how you can use it as a messenger to clarity.
“We need to hear the sound of our voice for what we think and need.”
~Harriet Lerner, on How She Really Does It
In this interview we discuss:
- Anger is not “bad” it is a tool for change – how?
- Anger to provide clarity
- Denying Anger = sacrificing personal clarity and de-selfing positions.
- Even Harriet makes mistakes with her anger. Listen as she shares her personal story.
- Guilt + women
- Steps to get clarity from anger.
- Two takeaways
Mentioned in this Podcast
- Interview with Harriet about Marriage Rules
- Interview with Harriet about publishing her first book The Dance of Anger
- The Dance of Anger
- The Dance of Fear
- Marriage Rules