We’re still in the midst of the COVID pandemic and its effects are evident everywhere you look. Unemployment, economic crises, uncertainty felt by all, but especially by parents. If you’re like me, you may find yourself asking, “How are we going to get out of this?”
From an economic standpoint, there isn’t much I know I can do to get us out. But, like all of you, I have my own unique skill set, capacity, and responsibility to improve things. People need help right now, and it is all of our responsibilities to see how much capacity we have and where our skills are needed.
My guest today has been navigating this uncertainty along with us and has found ways she can be of service to those in need. By always looking for the silver lining and choosing to have grace for others, she helps us see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Many people out there are losing hope. And I don’t know the steps that are going to get us out of this. But, I do believe that we will get to the other side. I choose to believe that this isn’t permanent, and there is hope.
In today’s episode, I’m interviewing my friend and CEO of Leadership Delta, Laura Boyd. Laura has over 25 years of experience helping organizations achieve sustainable growth and, during this time, her expertise is very needed. We’re talking about how our personal and professional lives are intertwined, how to cope with parental guilt, and the traits leaders need to guide their teams. We’re all in the same storm, but sitting in different boats. Although I don’t know how we’re going to get out of this, I know that we will be vibrant and strong again in the future.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How Laura helps leaders look at themselves differently.
- Why we need to give ourselves and other people grace right now.
- How some parents are saying yes out of parental guilt.
- The type of guilt Laura sees in organizations and from CEOs.
- How to get clear on your responsibility, capacity, and skill set.
- How this pandemic has allowed us to slow down and consider what we want.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Leadership Delta Website | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Grab your spot in my live virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.