Friendships. Jen Louden and I talked about friendships on our first of many co-hosts together. This created quite a stir and really touched many of you. We received lots of emails telling us our conversation on Friendship + Belonging + Loneliness resonated with your lives and you had quite a few questions for us.
Due to the response from that conversation, Jen and I decided to do a followup. This time we talk about friendships and overcoming inadequacies.
“Extend that compassion to yourself.”
~ Jen Louden, on How She Really Does It
In this conversation we discuss:
- Common Humanity – it’s not unique to me
- Feeling invisible
- Compassion for self when it’s hard
- How to be a better friend
- Not judging what is right + what is wrong
- Rinse + repeat
- Connection vs. fixing
- Friendship evolutions
- Edited idealized friendship stories
Mentioned in this Podcast
- Jen’s books A Year of Daily Joy, The Life Organizer,
- Jen’s beautiful website
- Our first conversation about Friendships + Belonging + Loneliness
- You can connect with Jen Louden here.
- Kristin Neff interviews about Self-Compassion 1st + 2nd
- If you have questions for our show conversations, Email them to me.
I appreciate the itunes reviews. Thank you!
When you leave an honest review for How She Really Does It on Itunes it helps the show. Thank you for your time and courage to leave a review on itunes.
Thanks for listening to How She Really Does It, the place where inspiration + possibility meet. I so appreciate your emails about the show + it’s impact on your life. I look forward to serving you with this show!
Thanks for Listening!