2020 has been an emotional roller coaster. We began the year thinking this would be an exciting start to a new decade only to experience a pandemic. But it’s not just COVID wearing us down. It’s our government, the economy, the racial injustices, the decision fatigue.
If you are feeling exhausted right now, it’s okay. You’ve been on an emotional roller coaster like so many of us and you’ve been feeling a lot. It takes a ton of energy to feel the emotional energy from our families, colleagues, communities, and social media.
I want you to know that it’s okay to feel your feelings and it’s okay if they don’t feel good. Recently, I’ve found myself going from despair to hopeful all within an afternoon. Instead of beating ourselves up for it, what would happen if we got curious about our feelings? Why are you feeling so exhausted?
Right now, you may only have a shot glass size capacity for emotions. Some days you might have a hydro flask size. Remember to take care of yourself so your glass refills, and then look for ways you can grow your capacity. And my friends, it all starts with feeling our feelings so we can process them.
In today’s episode, I’m talking about why we’re all so tired right now and how to be okay with where you’re at. Of course, you’re exhausted; acknowledge what you’ve been experiencing the last few months. Feelings take energy to experience and work through. But, they can also give us clarity. I’m sharing how you can grow your capacity to feel so you can wake up and rise again tomorrow.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why people are so exhausted right now.
- That feeling your feelings takes energy.
- What happens when you get curious about your tiredness.
- How to be a scientist of your emotions.
- How to let your emotions out without offloading them onto others.
- My concrete examples of how you can grow your capacity for feelings.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Brené Brown
- Marc Brackett
- Jill Bolte Taylor
- Manage your mind and transform your life with my Mindset Journals!
- Grab your spot in my live virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.