Do you ever feel overwhelmed? When we feel overwhelmed, we end up doing too much, taking more on than we should, and hurting ourselves in the process.
Overwhelm is when we feel an extreme level of stress and emotional or cognitive intensity to the point of feeling unable to function. And often we don’t even realize we’re in it until it’s too late.
I recently ended up on a trip to urgent care and it made me realize that being stressed and overwhelmed is not the time to be taking on more stuff. When we are overwhelmed, it is time to stop.
So many of us experience overwhelm and end up over-functioning as a result, but this can cause us more harm. I invite you to get to know when you are feeling overwhelmed, learn how to stop trying to push through, and take a moment to pause, calm yourself and establish what you need.
In this episode, hear what overwhelm is, and how it may show up for you in your life. I’m sharing my biggest lesson on overwhelm and how I learned what to do when feeling overwhelmed. If you feel like you’re not coping, you need to listen to this episode.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The importance of giving yourself your own time out.
- What I’ve learned from Brené Brown about overwhelm.
- How to establish what really is a priority and what is not.
- Why we don’t function well when we are overwhelmed.
- How to assess what you need when you feel overwhelmed.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown