When you wake up in the morning, what’s rumbling in your brain? Do you feel overwhelmed or like you just want to hide in bed? Most of us reach for our phones the second we wake up, but what does that feed our brains?
Our brains love certainty, and right now, we can’t give that to them. What we can do is feed them things that make us think and feel the way we want to.
For me, I want to feel grounded, confident, calm, compassionate, and optimistic. But reading the news before bed and scrolling through social media in the morning isn’t going to feed my brain the messages it needs to feel those feelings.
My friends, there are so many things you can feed your brain that allow you to think, feel, and believe what you want. Everything from your physical environment to your source of entertainment can either nourish your brain or it can drain it.
In today’s episode, I’m talking about the things I choose to feed my brain with and the things I try not to. I want to help you declutter your brain and intentionally choose what you fill it up with. Listen in as I share how to come out of your lizard brain and away from the shame storm by consuming energies that inspire you.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How to start your day feeling how you want to feel.
- Why you should evaluate the pick-up and not the drop-off when journaling.
- Why choosing what you want to believe is not lying or blowing smoke.
- How to make your home rise up to meet you.
- The importance of humor and intentional connection right now.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Start your journaling practice today with my new Mindset Journal
- Emily McDowell Empathy Cards
- The Good Place – tv show
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.