Hello + welcome to Wisdom Wednesdays!
This summer, I’m rebroadcasting some of my favorite How She Really Does It episodes from earlier years of my show in a 12-week series called Wisdom Wednesdays. I’m bringing these twelve shows back to the surface for you so that they can bring a little bit of wisdom into your life each week (without you having to dig through 600+ episodes).
In this episode, I interview the late Dr. David Hawkins. Dr. Hawkins was a nationally renowned psychiatrist, physician, researcher, and lecturer. He was also an internationally known spiritual teacher, author, and speaker on the subject of advanced spiritual states, consciousness research, and the Realization of the Presence of God as Self. In this episode, he and I discuss one of his best selling books Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior.
In his research, Dr. Hawkins developed the Map of Consciousness: a quantifier of attitude, emotion, energy, and growth. Throughout the interview, we use this tool as a framework for our discussion. Where do you think you might fall on the map’s scale of 1-1000?
We also discuss the concept of power vs. force and the ability of power to initiate a wide range of transformations from individual healing to social systems. Listen in to learn how individuals can enhance their power through integrity, understanding, and compassion.
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Share what you’ve learned from the show in iTunes.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The physiological effects of our thoughts and attitudes
- How our attitudes and thoughts shape our perception of the world we live in
- How simple concepts can change the way you see your environment
- Dr. Hawkins’ Map of Consciousness and where intellect, love, and spirituality fit into it
- A physical technique for learning the power of any individual thought
- The concept of power vs. force and its impact on healing and consciousness