Welcome to a new decade everyone! I am so excited for what this new chapter has in store, for me and for all of you. I’m so grateful that you’re here.
I wanted to kick off 2020 by talking about one of life’s inevitable feelings: disappointment.
People are so afraid of disappointing themselves and others that they give up on their dreams.
It does NOT have to be this way… we will encounter and feel disappointment in our lives no matter what. It’s an inevitable part of the process, especially when we’re stretching ourselves and growing past our old limits. We don’t have to give our fear of disappointment so much power over us.
Disappointment is just a thought, feeling, or story.
Listen in to this episode as I share several stories about avoiding disappointment and why it’s so unnecessary. If you’re willing to face your disappointment and remember that you’re just telling yourself a story, you’ll be able to push past uncomfortable feelings and blow your own mind. That’s what I want for you in 2020 my friends!
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why you aren’t responsible for other people’s feelings
- Why we have to feel all the feelings when we are growing + pushing ourselves
- How to remember that disappointment is just a feeling state
- An exercise for understanding how disappointment makes you feel
- Why it’s in your power to decide how you’re going to respond to life’s inevitable challenges and disappointments
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Dare to Lead
- Brené Brown
- My ENOUGH coaching group starts in February!
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community