Former think-tank exec, business strategist, publicist, and one of the most popular and original personal development and career-advice writers online, Danielle LaPorte joins me in this interview which originally aired in 2012.
Danielle reframes popular self-help and success concepts in her apathy-kicking, integrity-infusing guide to defining success on your own terms: The Fire Starter Sessions. Danielle is passionate about her writing career and has expanded it into speaking, online content, and more. She’s a proponent and advocate of others putting their ideas out into the world.
Do you ever feel like you’re waiting for permission or waiting for the “right time” to start something you’ve been waiting to do? Maybe even to start living your life how you want to?
Whether or not you are an entrepreneur, the concepts of trusting yourself, relying on yourself, and doing your own work can help to put you in the driver’s seat of your life. The entrepreneurial spirit is one of the best personal development experiences around.
Tune in to listen to me and Danielle talk about how to look at your life in a way that is self-supportive, mindset-changing, and kicks victim-mentality out the door. We also talk jealousy, fear, and envy: where those feelings come from and what exactly about them gets in the way of our own progress.
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Share what you’ve learned from the show in iTunes.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What Danielle does and how she makes a living
- How to put yourself in the driver’s seat of your life
- Advice for being real
- How to support yourself and eschew victim mentality
- How feelings drive everything we do
- How goals can be misinterpreted and how they change over time
- Advice about trust, vulnerability, and cultivating the right kind of inner circle
RESOURCES FOR YOU