I’ve been traveling a lot this month, connecting with listeners, friends, and clients from all over the country. It’s been wonderful seeing my community and discussing things with you in person.
Something that’s come up consistently throughout my travels is the topic of confidence. Many of you have asked me, “How do I cultivate confidence? How can my children become confident?”
In order to cultivate confidence, you have to start by asking yourself: “What gets in the way of confidence?”
To lay the foundation for being confident, you have to consider what seemingly harmless questions you are asking yourself that are actually undermining your self-belief. I call these “crappy questions,” and they usually sound something like: “What’s wrong with me? Is this normal? Why is my life so hard?”
These questions make you into a victim rather than the leader of your life. They trigger shame rather than understanding.
You can respond to the shame storm with compassion. Remind yourself that everybody struggles. Nobody is perfect. There’s no need for the Trauma Olympics.
Listen in to this episode as I talk about how you can move away from shame and toward confidence by embracing vulnerability and self-compassion. I’ll share some of my favorite affirmations for cultivating confidence, as well as some tips for taking small steps toward a more confident you.
Do you want to take what you’ve learned from this episode to the next level? Check out my ENOUGH coaching program. Together, we combine the concepts and lessons from this show with coaching to go way beyond intellectual learning. You’ll learn to silence critical internal voices that tell you you’re not enough, integrate self-love into your everyday life, and build resilience against shame and other difficult experiences. You’ll be notified when the next ENOUGH group opens – join me and create your most badass self!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why it’s important to ask yourself what thoughts + stories are getting in the way of your confidence
- How crappy questions mislead us into focusing on evidence that proves how wrong or broken we think we are
- Key things to remember when you are in the middle of a shame storm and want to stop it
- What you gain by approaching your story + your feelings with compassion instead of judgment + shame
- Why confidence is the willingness to be vulnerable and figure things out as you go, rather than knowing the outcome
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Ready to join the ENOUGH program? Join the waitlist to the ENOUGH program.
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Desmond Tutu, The Dalai Lama, and Douglas Abrams
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community