Life is challenging; it’s hard. We’re all going through this life that has beautiful things and challenges that can both lead to lots of thoughts and emotions. Do you have a container where you can let it all out?
When I was younger, I was shy and believed there was something wrong with me. So in order to get to know what I believed and hear my own opinions, I created a strategy of verbal vomiting. I gave myself permission to be a verbal processor, so I could let out my thoughts.
Verbal vomiting is a great strategy to uncover what you have pushed down. But, like with anything, something that can be a valuable practice can have a huge cost.
I invite you to ask yourself, where are you verbal vomiting in your life? I encourage you to be aware of what you are doing, notice where you might be dumping on others in your workplace, and do so without judgment. Verbal vomiting is a great strategy to process what’s inside of you, so long as you don’t let it take over your focus.
In this episode, I’m sharing more about verbal vomiting, what it is, and why it’s important, as well as the cost of doing it at work. I’m showing you how to notice the impact it has on others, so you can create an awareness of how it’s impacting you and how to take care of yourself around verbal vomiters.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The problem with spending too much time verbally vomiting.
- Why you should never disregard small steps.
- An example of taking care of yourself while working on boundaries.
- The importance of boundaries and teaching people how to treat us.
- How to create awareness of verbal vomiting.
- The costs of verbal vomiting in the workplace.
- How to start using your time and energy to focus on creating solutions.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Verbal Vomit … Yes, but …