Up until the pandemic, many of us thought we were in control of our lives. Then the virus happened and it gave a lot of us anxiety because we realized we aren’t in control. But the thing is, we were never in control and things were never certain.
We all want certainty because it gives us the perception of having control. If you’re like me, you may have found yourself arguing with the changes from this virus, attempting to control them, or simply retreating and hiding from them.
Being in control feels safer, I get that. But every day there is emotional exposure, vulnerability, and risk. My friends, no amount of control can make that not be true. Life will always be uncertain.
The sooner you learn to accept it, ground yourself, and move through the resistance, the more peace you’ll have. You are the leader of you, and you can give yourself the space to work through this.
In today’s episode, I’m sharing how I’ve been handling uncertainty lately and the ways I’ve been working through my resistance. I talk about the change in my local gas station’s brand that sent me for a loop and the amazing conclusions I drew from that. We can’t control this virus or the changes it causes, but we can control our mindsets and where we focus our brains.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- That certainty has always been an illusion.
- The ways we often deal with change, uncertainty, and lack of control.
- How to know what you can control and where to focus your brain.
- How to give yourself the space to mess up.
- Why surrounding yourself with touchpoints is great for remembering what you can control.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for my DIY digital workshop, Becoming Enough!
- Kelly Rae Roberts podcast episode
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.