Parenting…it’s hard. Are you overwhelmed and stressed? Do you worry about what can go wrong? Have you lost your sense of self?
Cathy and Todd Adams joined me in this 2014 episode to talk about how to become more aware and conscious so that you can transform your family relationships.
Cathy and Todd are the hosts of Zen Parenting Radio. Cathy is the author of several parenting books including her upcoming book Living What You Want Your Kids to Learn: The Power of Self-Aware Parenting.
“Kids don’t learn by listening to what you say, but how you live,” Cathy and Todd say in this episode.
Listen in to learn about regaining your sense of self as a parent, moving past the visions of being a perfect parent, what makes parenting work or not work, and much more.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What to do if you’ve lost your sense of self
- The vision of the perfect mother
- How to ask for what you need
- The reality of having mini-breakdowns and feeling like a failure
- How to create a safe place for kids
- How to know what you parenting values are
- What makes parenting work? What makes parenting not work?
- Two takeaways for you
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- The Zen Parenting Podcast
- Cathy’s books
- John O’Sullivan interview mentioned by Todd
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.