About 10 to 12 years ago, I saw a sign that I loved and I bought it. It is still in my kitchen because it contained such an important quote for me to remember. It was a sign that says “We can do hard things.”
I have always done hard things. But over the years, I would often think that I shouldn’t have to.
When I bought the sign, I wanted to remind myself I can do hard things instead of arguing with reality and constantly losing. But it became such an identity that I began to only look for things that were hard.
We can do hard things. But I invite you to ask yourself, does it mean we have to? Just because you can do hard things, does it mean you should? I invite you to consider another approach: what if it could be easy?
In this episode, I’m sharing what it might look like to make things harder than they need to be and showing you why just because you can do hard things, doesn’t mean you have to. Hear the reasons we might make things harder for ourselves and why there are so many problems with doing so.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Some examples of when our strengths can become our weaknesses.
- Why you don’t always have to make it harder than it is.
- How to stop polarizing yourself by only doing the hard things.
- The importance of doing hard things with heart.
- Why sometimes you can do things easy.
- How to question if you are making a situation more difficult.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.