We all struggle a lot with belonging. Many of us try to push away our desire to belong, to feel like we are part of a place or group that truly accepts + loves us for who we are.
Every single one of us feels the need to belong. It’s a fundamental human experience.
I’ve been thinking about the many places I’ve tried to create belonging: swim team, my business, my family, and this show. Everyone wants a place to show up, including me! So I’ve tried to create belonging everywhere I go.
But a lot of us aren’t sure how to belong in the first place. Are we supposed to fit in? Are we supposed to be on our best behavior and make sure everyone likes us?
The real key to belonging is courage.
In today’s episode I’m talking about belonging and why it’s such an important part of all of our lives. I’ll share how you can reflect on the places you already belong, create new ones, and talk about why courage is an essential part of building a place where everybody feels like they belong.
It isn’t always easy, because sometimes we have to have courageous conversations and set boundaries. But the sense of belonging we get is always worth it.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why we all have a fundamental desire to belong
- The difference between fitting in and true belonging
- How to identify the places where you might have already created real belonging for yourself and others
- Why courage is a key ingredient for creating belonging
- How to talk to people you love about what you need and ask for what you want so that you can create a place where you all feel like you belong
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- My ENOUGH coaching group starts in February!
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community