I want you to think about the last time you achieved a goal you set. Did you feel proud of yourself? Did you take it in and own it, or did you move straight onto the next thing?
Being proud of yourself involves feeling pleasure or satisfaction over something regarded as highly honorable or credible to oneself. It requires having self-respect and self-esteem. But so often, we don’t take the time to be proud of ourselves, even when we have achieved a goal.
We have been culturally programmed to believe that success and pride are relational. We subscribe to the belief that once you achieve a goal you set, you can be proud. But being proud of yourself should not be transactional; it should be transformational.
My invitation for you is to be proud of who you are, with the work you are doing, and who you are becoming, without knowing what the end result is going to be. Being proud of yourself requires tremendous courage, so I invite you to stop giving your power away for others to be proud of you, and start being proud of yourself, here and now.
Join me this week as I’m showing you when to be proud in your life, and how to cultivate a transformational relationship with being proud. Learn how to celebrate your milestones, goals, and accomplishments and be truly proud of yourself, and the ripple effect that this creates for other areas of your life.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The role that courage plays in being proud.
- How to embrace being proud of yourself and own it.
- The reason I generally don’t tell my clients or students that I am proud of them.
- Why progress isn’t linear.
- How to let go of the transactional relationship we have with being proud.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Simone Manuel Interview