Are you asking for what you want?
These asks can be big or small: asking your partner to wash the dishes a certain way. Asking someone you’re seeing casually if they want to take your relationship to the next level. Asking your family not to bring food to your dinner party. Our lives are full of these asks, whether we know how to make them or not.
So: are you asking for what you want? And if not, why aren’t you?
Many of us tell ourselves stories about why we can’t or shouldn’t ask for something. Or we test our loved ones, expecting them to guess what we want instead of telling them straightforwardly, with compassion and openness.
Asking for what you want means you have your own back + you’re not waiting for someone else to lead your life. You’re asking – not demanding – other people to meet you where your needs + wants are.
In this episode, we investigate why you might be afraid to ask for what you want. I run through some of the common stories + reasons that we aren’t asking for what we want or need, and why being afraid to ask is keeping you from being the leader of your own life. I also talk about why telling other people what you want (instead of expecting them to guess) is way better for your relationships. And I give you some tips for implementing this practice ASAP.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Some of the common reasons we can be afraid to communicate our needs + wants to others
- How to tell why you’re not asking for what you want
- Why asking should always be an invitation, not an obligation
- How asking for what you want allows you to be the leader of your own life
- Why it’s important to build your asking muscle and get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAY email so you don’t miss an episode!
- 40oz Hydro Flask
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community