There is a question I get all week long from my clients, and while they don’t say it explicitly, it comes through as they talk. And that question is “am I doing it right?”
This has been an ongoing question for many years because it is so culturally programmed into us that there is a right way and a wrong way.
But choices are not binary. There are many choices and many consequences and responsibilities that come with them. When we believe there is a right way and a wrong way, it leads us to feel shame.
Instead of trying to find the right way, I invite you to be a learner. Let go of doing it right and allow mistakes to occur. Mistakes are a great way to gather information and to learn, and they don’t mean you’re a failure.
In this episode, learn the problem with asking ourselves “am I doing it right?” and why there is never a right way to do anything. Hear some questions to ask yourself instead of this question, and why there are a whole bunch of layers, options and choices with every decision you make.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How to look at this question from different perspectives.
- Why there is no right way to do anything.
- How to view mistakes differently.
- Why trying to find the right way triggers a ton of drama in your head.
- How perfection holds us back and stops us from doing the things we want.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Tell me three things about you: Leave me a review | Instagram | Email