We can be so judgmental and quick to raise our armor by shutting down great opportunities before they can bloom. This week I uncover the wonders of living a curious life, and the gifts that await us when we do.
With the power of retrospect I see how lucky I am that I was curious enough in my life to find mentors. Curious enough to be a collegiate swimmer, and curious enough to change when it was time. But that was no walk in the park, there were good times and there were bad times.
All of our experiences add up, and you never know what doors, connections, and gifts will come from a simple act of curiosity. You never know when life will gift you a teaching moment that shifts everything.
Friends, I invite you to let go this week. Yes, look at your risks critically, but allow yourself the space to observe and learn from all the opportunities that come your way. Sometimes when things look like they are falling apart, our biggest lessons, mentors, and gifts are arriving to us.
In this episode, I share how my curiosity aided me in finding my lifelong mentors, the journey of bringing my daughter and some of her swimmates to a meet, and the curious results that unfolded from being open to possibility.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What wonder inspires and fuels.
- Tips for evaluating your journey as you aim for big goals.
- How to identify the judgment that keeps us from wonder.
- How saying “yes” can be a pivoting point to great opportunities.
- What high performance really looks like.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown
- Permission to Feel by Marc Brackette
- Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
- Mentors with Garrett Lowe