Friday, October 7th, 2006 was the day I started this podcast, a whole 15 years ago. It didn’t make sense at the time, I just wanted to do it for myself. 15 years on, the show is still going strong and we’re reflecting this week.
We all have a story that matters, and I have Anna Vocino joining me this week to share ours. Anna was a guest co-host on the show back in the day, and to celebrate 15 years of How She Really Does It, she joins me this week to look back on how our lives have changed.
Anna is a cookbook author, podcaster, voiceover actor and has been a successful entrepreneur over the course of her career. You may have heard her on ABC and NBC, and it is always so exciting when I see or hear her there.
Anna and I discuss how she started out in her career, how she learned to redefine freedom, confidence, and security, and the importance of having integrity in your work. I invite you to believe in yourself and have the courage to go after what you want because there will always be a next step for you when you do.
Tune in this week and hear where we were in 2006 and where we are now. So much can change in 15 years, so we’re sharing what we’d say to our former selves, the 3 things we enjoy about now that we didn’t know were possible 15 years ago, and the importance of knowing your why and setting boundaries in your life.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Where we both were in 2006 and where we are now.
- How our mindsets have changed over the last 15 years.
- The difference between the TV and podcasting industry back then and now.
- How Anna’s career started out.
- Why it took 4 years for Anna to come out with her 1st cookbook.
- The problem with diet culture.
- One of the most mind-blowing changes in my mindset I have experienced since 2006.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Body Of Work: Finding the Thread That Ties Your Story Together by Pamela Slim
- Anna Vocino: Website | Cookbooks
- Yoda and Me Podcast
- Fitness Confidential by Vinnie Tortorich
- No Crumbs Left