Why do we get fat? That is one of life’s great questions and today’s guest Gary Taubes, science writer and best selling author, is here to tell us what he has found in the research. His latest book Why We Get Fat is an eye-opening, paradigm-shattering examination of what really makes us fat.
What if what we know about nutrition is wrong? I invite you to read his book Why We Get Fat to learn more about the problems & flaws with the research and also with our common belief of calories in and calories out.
“It is not because we eat too much and exercise too little.”
~ Gary Taubes, on How She Really Does It
More specifically, in this interview you will find out about:
- what Gary has learned about what makes us fat
- saturated fat: old beliefs & what about people with heart disease or family history of heart disease
- insulin resistance
- metabolic syndrome and what we can do.
- Two takeaways – for listeners
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast
- Why We Get Fat
- Good Calories, Bad Calories
- New York Times Magazine: What if It’s All Been A Big Fat Lie
- Nutrition Science Initiative
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes review. Your ratings and reviews help out the show and I read each one and give shout outs at the end of the show to each reviewer.
- Subscribe on iTunes to the show.
- Subscribe to the newsletter + email me to tell me what is the most useful from each interview for you.
Thanks for listening to How She Really Does It, the place where inspiration + possibility meet. I so appreciate your emails about the show + it’s impact on your life. I look forward to serving you with this show!
Thanks for Listening! Special thanks for Gary joining me this week. Until next time, I am smiling big for you!